I work on self-pay or out-of-network basis. There are several benefits of self-pay in psychotherapy. You can chose a therapist who is a best fit for your needs and keep working with that therapist even if your insurance changes. You and your therapist have the freedom to determine the focus, length, frequency, and type of treatment based on your individual needs without being restricted by insurance policies. Additionally, if you are self-paying, mental health diagnosis is not mandatory and will not be submitted to an insurance provider. This allows us to focus on your symptoms rather than your diagnosis. Additionally, your insurance premiums may not increase due to a mental health diagnosis. Working with self-pay clients also allows me to focus my time predominantly on seeing clients rather than on administrative/paperwork for insurance submissions.
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 800-985-3059.
Cost of services are noted below.
Fees by service
- Initial phone consult (15 min): Free
- Intake/Initial Assessment for individuals (50 min): $200
- Individual session (45-50 min): $180
- Couples session (45-50 min): $200
- Urgent consult (between scheduled sessions): $15/10 min
Clients will be asked to enter their credit card information at the time of scheduling. The cards will be charged at the start of the session.
If you are unable to make it to your scheduled appointment, please call cancel before 48 hours of the appointment so that the time slot can be made available to other clients who may need it. Missed appointments or appointments cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled time will be charged in full.
If you would like to submit a claim for reimbursement through your insurance company, I can provide you with a Superbill at the end of the month upon request. Please note that the reimbursement amount will depend on your insurance company and policy.